Friday, April 30, 2010

Made Just For Me To See

Made Just For Me To See
I was out walking one day, in a place I had never been before.
A small creek flowed lazily by,
as colorful fish played hide and seek among the rocks.
The ground was covered with a blanket of thick, glossy green moss.
The pines and the oaks were so tall and close together in places,
the sun could only filter through.
Scattered through the mighty oaks and pines were soft blooms of the white dogwood,
wild pink azalea, and yellow tulip trees.
The yellow jasmine, red wood vine and creamy white moon vines wrapped
through the trees like Christmas lights.
Growing in the glossy green moss are small flowers of every kind and color.
Squirrels and chipmunks played among the oaks,
chasing each other up and down the trunks.
Rabbits dined on the abundant ferns and drank from the lazy creek.
The songs on many birds played among the trees.
As I walked along,
I beheld the beauty that unfolded before me.
I thought surely this could only be a masterpiece;
created by the Master Himself.
He had made it special
and kept it beautiful,
made just for me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment